Philadelphia University’s Admissions Counselors have been very busy reviewing applications for Spring and Fall 2013 applicants! Have you completed the application yet? PhilaU employs a rolling admissions policy, so we don’t have a specific deadline for applications, but there are some benefits of submitting materials early…
- The earlier you apply, the earlier you will receive a decision! After submitting all application materials, you can expect to receive an admissions decision within 4-6 weeks.
- Accepted students who are eligible for a merit award will receive a letter within a few days of their acceptance notifying them of their merit award amount. This will help you begin planning your finances!
- Some academic programs, as well as on-campus housing, may fill earlier than others. To guarantee a seat in your first choice major, apply early!
- As an accepted student, we will invite you to attend special events or campus visit opportunities. You could shadow a current student through a full day of classes in the spring. Additionally, last year we had events with Tommy Hilfiger and Carson Kressley, the unveiling of a new composities laboratory for Engineering students, and much more.
The Admissions Committee reviews each candidate’s application looking at a variety of factors including high school academic performance, standardized test scores (SAT and/or ACT), counselor or teacher recommendation, and application essay. Involvement in extracurricular activities, volunteer or work experience relevant to a candidate’s chosen major, and the level of the candidate’s academic curriculum are also considered. Philadelphia University has a customized admissions application (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/admissions/applyasfirstyear NULL.html) and also accepts the Common Application (http://www NULL.commonapp NULL.org/).
To apply, click the link below that best relates to you as a student.
- First Year Students (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/admissions/applyasfirstyear NULL.html)
- Transfer Students (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/admissions/applyastransfer NULL.htm)
- International Students (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/admissions/ApplyingInternational NULL.htm)
- Evening Students (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/continuinged)
- Graduate Students (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/graduate/)
If you have any questions about the application process, you can click here (http://www NULL.philau NULL.edu/admissions/counselors/) to find contact information for your admissions counselor. We look forward to receiving your application!