An impressive 95 percent of the class of 2014 are working in their disciplines or have been accepted to graduate school, according to the latest survey of graduates by Philadelphia University’s Marianne Able Career Services Center.
The latest survey results reflect the consistent success of PhilaU graduates, who have achieved an average employment and graduate school acceptance rate of 95 percent since 2012. For the class of 2014, 78 percent of students reported employment and 17 percent were accepted to graduate school.
For the College of Architecture and the Built Environment, 89 percent of graduates were working and 8 percent were accepted to graduate school—for an overall job/graduate school rate of 97 percent.
Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce graduates achieved a 95 percent job/graduate school rate – with 88 percent employed and 7 percent accepted to graduate school. Graduates of the College of Science, Health and the Liberal Arts also achieved a 95 percent overall rate – with 41 percent employed and 54 percent accepted to graduate school.
The accomplishments of PhilaU alumni underscore the importance of the University’s signature Nexus Learning approach to higher education. Through an active, collaborative, real-world education infused with the liberal arts, PhilaU prepares students with 21st-century skills valued by employers.
PhilaU students also benefit from the University’s commitment to industry-sponsored projects. Industry leaders, including Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, Newell Rubbermaid, Verizon and Federal Mogul have sponsored PhilaU projects that have led to new insights, ideas and commercial product opportunities.
In October, PhilaU’s Nexus Innovation program of industry partnerships won the University Economic Development Association award for excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The employment and graduate school rate for PhilaU graduates historically has been more than 90 percent and is consistent across the University’s three colleges.
The Marianne Able Career Services Center at PhilaU is a recipient of the Innovation Excellence Award for Student Engagement at a Small College by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. It offers a wide range of services for students and employers, including annual career events such as Design Expo and the Career and Internship Fair.